• Test from Mystic/OSX

    From Veetid@DIGDIST/BATTLEST/FREEWAY to All on Wed Aug 12 23:01:00 2015
    Sorry to crash in here with a test message, but I've recently moved my Mystic setup to the OSX native version and one of the few issues I've had, was
    getting QWK networking up and running again.

    For anyone familiar with Mystic, the qwkpoll program handles the net
    transfers. Problem is, once I moved from Win32 to OSX, the OSX version of qwkpoll seemed to have issues connecting to VERT to grab the packets.

    So my workaround is a shell script to automatically FTP into VERT to transfer packets, and only use qwkpoll to gather and toss messages (it still seems to work fine in that manner).

    Anyone have any idea what might be going on with the qwkpoll program? I know I'm about one of maybe two people on the scene running Mystic under OSX... so support has been hard to find! I enjoy the challenge though and the board
    runs great otherwise.

    -Andy

    --- Mystic BBS v1.10 (OSX)
    * Origin: Alcoholiday! - alky.duckdns.org
  • From Al@DIGDIST/BATTLEST/FREEWAY to Veetid on Wed Aug 12 21:37:00 2015
    On 08/12/15, Veetid said the following...

    Anyone have any idea what might be going on with the qwkpoll program? I know I'm about one of maybe two people on the scene running Mystic under OSX... so support has been hard to find! I enjoy the challenge though
    and the board runs great otherwise.

    I can confirm that your test message made it here.. :)

    I'm not sure what's up with qwkpoll on OSX though. I'd ask other QWKnet/OSX users (if you can find any) if they have had problems and let g00r00 know what's up. Qwkpoll has trouble acting as a hub to I think but I'm not sure of the details since I don't do any of that here. One day when I have port 21
    open I am going to setup a testing ground and have a closer look and let
    g00r00 know what (if anything) I find.

    Ttyl :-),
    Al

    --- Mystic BBS v1.10 (Linux)
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada
  • From Veetid@DIGDIST/BATTLEST/FREEWAY to Al on Thu Aug 13 01:11:00 2015
    I can confirm that your test message made it here.. :)

    I'm not sure what's up with qwkpoll on OSX though. I'd ask other QWKnet/OSX users (if you can find any) if they have had problems and let g00r00 know what's up. Qwkpoll has trouble acting as a hub to I think
    but I'm not sure of the details since I don't do any of that here. One
    day when I have port 21 open I am going to setup a testing ground and
    have a closer look and let g00r00 know what (if anything) I find.

    Woohoo! Glad my little workaround is getting the mail in and out. Thanks for the confirmation -- both on the message, and that qwkpoll might have issues.
    I thought I was losing my mind.

    I don't know why it didn't dawn on me sooner just to move the packets with traditional FTP. Heheh..

  • From ROBERT WOLFE@DIGDIST/BATTLEST/FREEWAY to VEETID on Sat Aug 15 01:17:00 2015
    Sorry to crash in here with a test message, but I've recently moved my Mysti
    setup to the OSX native version and one of the few issues I've had, was getting QWK networking up and running again.

    Looks like it is working here :)

    ... 9 out of 10 men who try camels prefer women.
    --- Wildcat! v6.4.454.2 (Nov 17 2011), Editor Mod v1.7
    þ wcQWK 6.4 ÷ Omicron Theta BBS * Memphis, TN * winserver.us