• picard

    From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to DaiTengu on Mon Aug 15 11:08:59 2022
    Re: picard
    By: DaiTengu to MRO on Mon Aug 15 2022 09:03 am

    I don't want to say Picard is a hot mess, because it's not quite that bad. It's good TV, has a better story than most TV shows now days, but I'm not sure if it's actually good 'Trek.

    I tend to agree. I think Picard is okay (and it's good to see them moving things forward with Picard and other characters from recent Trek), but I feel like it could have been better.

    Nightfox

    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Moondog on Tue Aug 16 08:50:19 2022
    Re: picard
    By: Moondog to MRO on Tue Aug 16 2022 12:34 am

    going nova. He has two Tal Shiar agents in his home.

    Are they really Tal Shiar agents? I may have missed something in Picard..

    I had a theory about the name "Tal Shiar" that I thought of not too long ago. In the TNG episode "Yesterday's Enterprise", when the alternate timeline was created when the Enterprise C came into the present time, Tasha Yar was still alive and serving on the Enterprise D. She went back on the Enterprise C and ended up being captured by the Romulans (and had a half-Romulan daughter, Sela). I wondered if the name "Tal Shiar" might be derived from Tasha Yar.

    Nightfox

    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Nightfox on Wed Aug 17 09:45:00 2022
    Re: picard
    By: Nightfox to Moondog on Tue Aug 16 2022 08:50 am

    Re: picard
    By: Moondog to MRO on Tue Aug 16 2022 12:34 am

    going nova. He has two Tal Shiar agents in his home.

    Are they really Tal Shiar agents? I may have missed something in Picard..

    I had a theory about the name "Tal Shiar" that I thought of not too long ago
    the Enterprise D. She went back on the Enterprise C and ended up being cap

    Nightfox

    There is a graphic novel series featuring Picard during the time the Romulan star was going nova. Picard was evacuating a colony planet, and the Tal
    Shiar didn't trust him. The agents noticed he was preserving samples of grapes, and he explained part of preserving a culture involves examples of their labor. The agents came with him to act as body guards, then later
    became caretakers of his grapes.

    ---
    þ Synchronet þ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From esc@VERT/MONTEREY to Moondog on Wed Aug 17 21:45:00 2022
    I didn't see it but didn't season 2 deal with alternate realities and Q's shenanigans? I'm referring to main timeline.

    Yeah, and a plot twist about Q at the end which was pretty cool.

    --- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/07/11 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: m O N T E R E Y b B S . c O M
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to esc on Thu Aug 18 12:46:56 2022
    Re: Re: picard
    By: esc to MRO on Thu Aug 18 2022 11:15 am

    Yeah...me neither. I didn't realize how much until you said this. They're really just uninteresting, including Picard. Patrick Stewart is so old and frail it kind of ... I dunno how to explain it, but in TNG Picard was such a boss, and now he's a feeble old man. It kind of ruins the luster in a way.

    I don't mind Picard being older. TNG was one of my favorite Star Trek shows, and with Picard it feels like being around someone you've known for a long time, and their age doesn't matter. Same with Riker & Troi (who appeared on Picard) and the rest of the TNG characters.

    Do you watch any of the other Star Trek shows? Isn't Discovery or something one that's on now and is good? I haven't really watched anything other than TNG.

    It seems the majority of viewers dislike Discovery. However, Strange New Worlds is pretty good (they wrapped up its first season several weeks ago).

    Nightfox

    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com