• Article on the last floppy seller

    From Digital Man@VERT to All on Thu Sep 15 18:01:55 2022
    https://eyeondesign.aiga.org/we-spoke-with-the-last-person-standing-in-the-floppy-disk-business/

    A good read!
    --
    digital man (rob)

    This Is Spinal Tap quote #39:
    Female Airport Security Officer: Do you have any artificial plates or limbs? Norco, CA WX: 77.4øF, 56.0% humidity, 9 mph SE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Charles Blackburn@VERT/FBOBBS to Digital Man on Fri Sep 16 06:40:34 2022
    Re: Article on the last floppy seller
    By: Digital Man to All on Thu Sep 15 2022 18:01:55

    https://eyeondesign.aiga.org/we-spoke-with-the-last-person-standing-in-the-floppy-disk-business/
    A good read!

    yea it was very interesting

    regards
    Charles Blackburn
    SYSOP - The F.B.O BBS 21:1/221
    Aviation related fun @ bbs.thefbo.us IPV4 and IPV6
    DOVE-Net FSX-Net USENET
    Coming soon: FIDO-Net

    ---
    þ Synchronet þ The FBO BBS - bbs.thefbo.us - A place for aviation fun....
  • From Ogg@VERT/CAPCITY2 to Digital Man on Fri Sep 16 18:25:00 2022
    Hello Digital Man!

    ** On Thursday 15.09.22 - 18:01, Digital Man wrote to All:

    A good read!

    ...if the damn eyeballs don't fill up the screen first! What's
    the deal with that?

    --- OpenXP 5.0.51
    * Origin: Ogg's Dovenet Point (723:320/1.9)
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MINDS3 to Digital Man on Mon Sep 19 22:01:00 2022
    Digital Man wrote to All <=-

    https://eyeondesign.aiga.org/we-spoke-with-the-last-person-standing-in-t he-floppy-disk-business/

    A good read!
    --
    digital man (rob)

    Quite interesting! I might buy some 1.44M and 5 1/4 inch disks. Still have quite a few floppy drives.

    As slow as they were, I do miss them a little. There is a joy in the tactile sensations you get, the satisfaction of loading the disk, hearing the machine whirr and grind, the soft LED lighting and being able to format it to different capacities.

    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ MiND'S EYE BBS - Melb, Australia - mindseye.synchronetbbs.org
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Moondog on Tue Sep 20 17:01:44 2022
    Re: Article on the last flopp
    By: Moondog to MRO on Mon Sep 19 2022 11:11 pm

    Re: Article on the last flopp
    By: MRO to Boraxman on Mon Sep 19 2022 03:05 pm

    Re: Article on the last flopp
    By: Boraxman to Digital Man on Mon Sep 19 2022 10:01 pm

    Quite interesting! I might buy some 1.44M and 5 1/4 inch disks. Still h
    quite a few floppy drives.

    As slow as they were, I do miss them a little. There is a joy in the tactile sensations you get, the satisfaction of loading the disk, hearing
    the machine whirr and grind, the soft LED lighting and being able to form
    it to different capacities.

    i totallly do not miss that shit at all.
    bad disks sucked. especially when installing an OS

    When I got some old pc's out to try and connect to the internet with them, I realized how many disks I have that went bad. I had them stacked in piles in
    a box that was placed in a closet where there were extreme changes in temperature during the seasons.

    ---
    þ Synchronet þ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

    Those floppies were so fragile that you could store them properly and still have them
    go to waste.

    I lost some good games to data erosion on those ones. Good thing you can still get
    them elsewhere.

    --
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From The Lizard Master@VERT/NITEEYES to Digital Man on Wed Sep 21 08:33:35 2022
    Re: Article on the last floppy seller
    By: Digital Man to All on Thu Sep 15 2022 06:01 pm

    https://eyeondesign.aiga.org/we-spoke-with-the-last-person-standing-in-the-f lop py-disk-business/

    A good read!

    That was cool, thanks.

    ---TLM

    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Nite Eyes BBS - To make people happy about my tagline everywhere...