• progress

    From Thom LaCosta@VERT to All on Tue Feb 28 13:48:38 2023
    //Hello All,//

    Got the BBS up and running onm the internet....mis-communication between myself and ISP. Bit now, when I do a forced network call, there's an error message saying dove.synchro.net no such host

    WHat do I need to change?

    Regards,
    Thom LaCosta
    --- WinPoint 415.0
    * Origin: Another Random *WinPoint* Origin! (1:153/7715.25)
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Thom LaCosta on Tue Feb 28 10:52:24 2023
    Re: progress
    By: Thom LaCosta to All on Tue Feb 28 2023 01:48 pm

    //Hello All,//

    Got the BBS up and running onm the internet....mis-communication between myself and ISP. Bit now, when I do a forced network call, there's an error message saying dove.synchro.net no such host

    WHat do I need to change?

    Can you ping dove.synchro.net from that same system? Seems to be working for me and others.
    --
    digital man (rob)

    Breaking Bad quote #49:
    So you do have a plan? Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, Science! - Jesse Pinkman
    Norco, CA WX: 49.6øF, 78.0% humidity, 2 mph SE wind, 0.07 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Thom LaCosta@VERT to Digital Man on Tue Feb 28 14:23:29 2023
    //Hello Digital,//

    Can you ping dove.synchro.net from that same system? Seems to be working for me and others.

    digital man (rob)

    Yep piong worked fine butthe ftp top dove.synchro.net failed
    Regards,
    Thom LaCosta
    --- WinPoint 415.0
    * Origin: Another Random *WinPoint* Origin! (1:153/7715.25)
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Thom LaCosta on Tue Feb 28 13:30:44 2023
    Re: Re: progress
    By: Thom LaCosta to Digital Man on Tue Feb 28 2023 02:23 pm

    //Hello Digital,//

    Can you ping dove.synchro.net from that same system? Seems to be working for me and others.

    digital man (rob)

    Yep piong worked fine butthe ftp top dove.synchro.net failed

    Can you elaborate (e.g. what's the exact error message, what FTP clients did you try to use)?

    In your previous message, you said the error was "No such host" - but if you can ping it, then obviously the hostname (dove.synchro.net) is good and it's up. You could try replacing dove.synchro.net with vert.synchro.net, but that would be very unusual if that actually fixes the issue. Worth a try.
    --
    digital man (rob)

    Sling Blade quote #26:
    Karl: kaiser blade, ax handle with long blade on it shaped kinda like a banana. Norco, CA WX: 50.8øF, 73.0% humidity, 2 mph E wind, 0.07 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Thom LaCosta@VERT to Digital Man on Tue Feb 28 17:36:45 2023
    //Hello Digital,//

    on *28.02.23* at *21:30:44* You wrote in area *SYNCHRONET*
    to *Thom LaCosta* about *"Re: progress"*.

    Re: Re: progress
    By: Thom LaCosta to Digital Man on Tue Feb 28 2023 02:23 pm

    Hello Digital,

    Can you ping dove.synchro.net from that same system? Seems to be
    working for me and others.

    digital man (rob)

    Yep piong worked fine butthe ftp top dove.synchro.net failed

    Can you elaborate (e.g. what's the exact error message, what FTP clients did you try to use)?

    exactly what IO tolf you host not found...and the "client" was sbbs, I clciked on the forced network call

    In your previous message, you said the error was "No such host" - but if you can ping it, then obviously the hostname (dove.synchro.net) is good and it's up. You could try replacing dove.synchro.net with vert.synchro.net, but that would be very unusual if that actually fixes the issue. Worth a try.
    Duh, how can I replace what seems to be hard coded in your software....tell me how to do that.

    Thanks
    --- WinPoint 415.0
    * Origin: Original *WinPoint* Origin! (1:153/7715.25)
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Thom LaCosta on Tue Feb 28 15:00:43 2023
    Re: Re: progress
    By: Thom LaCosta to Digital Man on Tue Feb 28 2023 05:36 pm

    //Hello Digital,//

    on *28.02.23* at *21:30:44* You wrote in area *SYNCHRONET*
    to *Thom LaCosta* about *"Re: progress"*.

    Re: Re: progress
    By: Thom LaCosta to Digital Man on Tue Feb 28 2023 02:23 pm

    Hello Digital,

    Can you ping dove.synchro.net from that same system? Seems to be
    working for me and others.

    digital man (rob)

    Yep piong worked fine butthe ftp top dove.synchro.net failed

    Can you elaborate (e.g. what's the exact error message, what FTP clients did you try to use)?

    exactly what IO tolf you host not found...and the "client" was sbbs, I clciked on the forced network call

    Can you paste the exact error message here?

    In your previous message, you said the error was "No such host" - but if you can ping it, then obviously the hostname (dove.synchro.net) is good and it's up. You could try replacing dove.synchro.net with vert.synchro.net, but that would be very unusual if that actually fixes the issue. Worth a try.
    Duh, how can I replace what seems to be hard coded in your software....tell me how to do that.

    No, not hard-coded. The hostname is configured in SCFG->Networks->QWK->Hubs->VERT->Call-out command-line.

    My name's not Duh, it's Rob. And you're welcome.
    --
    digital man (rob)

    Rush quote #34:
    We go out in the world take our chances fate's just the weight of circumstances Norco, CA WX: 53.0øF, 64.0% humidity, 8 mph ESE wind, 0.06 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Thom LaCosta@VERT to Digital Man on Tue Feb 28 18:15:55 2023
    //Hello Digital,//

    on *28.02.23* at *23:00:43* You wrote in area *SYNCHRONET*
    to *Thom LaCosta* about *"Re: progress"*.

    Re: Re: progress
    By: Thom LaCosta to Digital Man on Tue Feb 28 2023 05:36 pm

    Hello Digital,

    Can you paste the exact error message here?

    2/28 06:09:49p QNET Call-out: VERT
    2/28 06:09:49p QNET FTP Session with dove,synchro.net failed: Error: No such host is known.
    2/28 06:09:49p QNET Call-out to: VERT returned 1

    That should answer your questioj about the error message and what generated it

    In your previous message, you said the error was "No such host" - but
    if you can ping it, then obviously the hostname (dove.synchro.net) is
    good and it's up. You could try replacing dove.synchro.net with
    vert.synchro.net, but that would be very unusual if that actually
    fixes
    the issue. Worth a try.
    Duh, how can I replace what seems to be hard coded in your
    software....tell me how to do that.

    No, not hard-coded. The hostname is configured in SCFG->Networks->QWK->Hubs->VERT->Call-out command-line.

    SHould I have entered dove.vert or simply VERT ?(I used the default of VERT

    My name's not Duh, it's Rob. And you're welcome. ....Duh

    Thanks ROb
    --- WinPoint 415.0
    * Origin: Another Random *WinPoint* Origin! (1:153/7715.25)
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Thom LaCosta on Tue Feb 28 15:21:51 2023
    Re: Re: progress
    By: Thom LaCosta to Digital Man on Tue Feb 28 2023 06:15 pm

    //Hello Digital,//

    on *28.02.23* at *23:00:43* You wrote in area *SYNCHRONET*
    to *Thom LaCosta* about *"Re: progress"*.

    Re: Re: progress
    By: Thom LaCosta to Digital Man on Tue Feb 28 2023 05:36 pm

    Hello Digital,

    Can you paste the exact error message here?

    2/28 06:09:49p QNET Call-out: VERT
    2/28 06:09:49p QNET FTP Session with dove,synchro.net failed: Error: No such host is known.
    2/28 06:09:49p QNET Call-out to: VERT returned 1

    That should answer your questioj about the error message and what generated it

    Yes, and in that error message I see "dove,synchro.net" - not "dove.synchro.net". See the difference? Looks like you made a typo there.

    In your previous message, you said the error was "No such host" -
    but
    if you can ping it, then obviously the hostname (dove.synchro.net) is
    good and it's up. You could try replacing dove.synchro.net with
    vert.synchro.net, but that would be very unusual if that actually
    fixes
    the issue. Worth a try.
    Duh, how can I replace what seems to be hard coded in your
    software....tell me how to do that.

    No, not hard-coded. The hostname is configured in SCFG->Networks->QWK->Hubs->VERT->Call-out command-line.

    SHould I have entered dove.vert or simply VERT ?(I used the default of VERT

    As shown at http://wiki.synchro.net/howto:dove-net and configued by default, the call-out command-line should be: *qnet-ftp %s dove.synchro.net YOURPASS
    Where you replace YOURPASS with your QWKnet account passowrd on Vertrauen. "VERT" is not anywhere in the call-out command-line by default and you shouldn't need to add it there. Just spell "dove.synchro.net" correctly this time.
    --
    digital man (rob)

    Breaking Bad quote #29:
    2 day drive to the nearest ocean and you're eating raw fish, is all I'm sayen. Norco, CA WX: 53.6øF, 65.0% humidity, 3 mph E wind, 0.06 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Gamgee@VERT/PALANT to Thom LaCosta on Tue Feb 28 18:08:00 2023
    Thom LaCosta wrote to Digital Man <=-

    Can you paste the exact error message here?

    2/28 06:09:49p QNET Call-out: VERT
    2/28 06:09:49p QNET FTP Session with dove,synchro.net failed:
    Error: No such host is known.
    2/28 06:09:49p QNET Call-out to: VERT returned 1

    That should answer your questioj about the error message and what generated it

    Dude. Do you ever bother to PROOFREAD anything? Your entire posts are
    full of typos, and the same thing is true of your command lines,
    apparently. LOOK at what you pasted up there above.... Sheesh.

    My name's not Duh, it's Rob. And you're welcome. ....Duh

    Thanks ROb

    You *DO* know you're talking to the actual author of Synchronet, right?

    ... Post may contain information unsuitable for overly sensitive persons.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL