• Back Online

    From Thom LaCosta-BSM@VERT to All on Sat May 6 11:02:54 2023
    After struggling to get my BBS back online due to a corrupt install of windows, I managed to loose my qwik ID and password for the hob(VERT). Is there a way to recover it, or do I need to creat a new IS and password? If so, how to do so?

    Thanks in advance for the help and patience.

    Thom
    --- WinPoint 415.0
    * Origin: Original *WinPoint* Origin (1:153/7715.26)
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Thom LaCosta-BSM on Sat May 6 12:46:06 2023
    Re: Back Online
    By: Thom LaCosta-BSM to All on Sat May 06 2023 11:02 am

    After struggling to get my BBS back online due to a corrupt install of windows, I managed to loose my qwik ID and password for the hob(VERT). Is there a way to recover it, or do I need to creat a new IS and password? If so, how to do so?

    You have 2 QWKnet accounts on Vertrauen currently:

    BARTOBO, created on 02/28/23, last on 02/28/23
    BARTERBD, created on 02/28/23, last on 05/04/23

    So.. I'll guess that the second is the correct QWK-ID?

    In any case, Vertrauen can email you your password if you attempt to login with the account and don't know your correct password, but *do* know the email address you enter when you created the account (hint it's: gmail.com address).
    --
    digital man (rob)

    Rush quote #64:
    He's cleaning up his systems to keep his nature pure .. New World Man
    Norco, CA WX: 64.9øF, 55.0% humidity, 4 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Thom LaCosta@VERT to Digital Man on Sat May 6 16:20:57 2023
    //Hello Digital,//

    on *06.05.23* at *19:46:06* You wrote in area *SYNCHRONET*
    to *Thom LaCosta-BSM* about *"Back Online"*.

[...]

    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)

    Regards,
    Thom LaCosta
    --- WinPoint 415.0
    * Origin: Another Random *WinPoint* Origin! (1:153/7715.25)
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Thom LaCosta@VERT to Digital Man on Sat May 6 16:23:33 2023
    //Hello Digital,//

    BARTOBO, created on 02/28/23, last on 02/28/23 BARTERBD, created on 02/28/23, last on 05/04/23

    So.. I'll guess that the second is the correct QWK-ID? ...

    Correct! And the system emailed me the password

    Thanks so much

    Let me what else I don't understand (g).

    Regards,
    Thom LaCosta
    --- WinPoint 415.0
    * Origin: Original *WinPoint* Origin! (1:153/7715.25)
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net